Friday, October 31, 2008

mission:nepal

Hey all! Thought I'd give you an update on my Nepal trip.

The time frame has been set at February through June. This gives me time to prepare, file paperwork, and raise funds.

The city I will be based in is Pokhara, which is 123 mi west of the capital, Kathmandu. From Pokhara, I will be joining various church plant teams in rural Nepal. We will be planting churches in Hindu and Muslim communities, places that can only be reached on foot or by bicycle. The government has been in transition since Maoist rebels overthrew the monarchy in 2006 with hopes of creating a communists state. However, the people of Nepal have been able to form a democracy instead, but with Maoists leadership. Persecution in heavy in the rural areas among the different communities, but open governmental persecution is rare.

Look for a facebook group and blog in the coming week. I'll be posting more information on those as preparations are made and I will be able to update through those from Nepal.

No comments: